1/1 Photo of Leftover Surprise Recipe
I am always wondering what to do with a bit of leftover; not enough for another meal but...I had 1 1/2 pork chop left and some gravy. I came up with this; you use whatever leftovers you have; chicken, beef, pork, fish. This is only a base to add and change the ingredients you have.It turned out so good I thought I would share it.If you have no leftover gravy improvise and you can use canned, powdered etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bit of oil sauté onion, celery & garlic.
- 2Cook carrots in a bit of water in the microwave.
- 3Combine cubed pork chop, vegetables including water from carrots and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- 4Cover and simmer on Low heat for 30 minutes to combine flavours.
- 5Add gravy and BBQ sauce, salt& pepper if necessary.
- 6Simmer another 5 minutes.
- 7Your meal is almost ready.
- 8You can serve this with cooked rice,pasta mashed potates on top or with it,on toast, in patty shell,bread crumbs and cheese to make it au gratin, pastry crust to make a pie.
- 9Anything goes; it's your meal.
- 10This casserole is for 2 but depending on what you have leftover the fridge you can add and reduce the amounts.
- 11If you have leftover vegetables, use those instead of having to cook some.
- 12Give this a try and let me know what other ideas you came up with.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Surprise Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 2642.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 24.8 g