Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am always wondering what to do with a bit of leftover; not enough for another meal but...I had 1 1/2 pork chop left and some gravy. I came up with this; you use whatever leftovers you have; chicken, beef, pork, fish. This is only a base to add and change the ingredients you have.It turned out so good I thought I would share it.If you have no leftover gravy improvise and you can use canned, powdered etc.
- 1 1⁄2 pork chops, cubed, cooked
- 1 cup gravy
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, stacks chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (optional)
- In a bit of oil sauté onion, celery & garlic.
- Cook carrots in a bit of water in the microwave.
- Combine cubed pork chop, vegetables including water from carrots and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer on Low heat for 30 minutes to combine flavours.
- Add gravy and BBQ sauce, salt& pepper if necessary.
- Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Your meal is almost ready.
- You can serve this with cooked rice,pasta mashed potates on top or with it,on toast, in patty shell,bread crumbs and cheese to make it au gratin, pastry crust to make a pie.
- Anything goes; it's your meal.
- This casserole is for 2 but depending on what you have leftover the fridge you can add and reduce the amounts.
- If you have leftover vegetables, use those instead of having to cook some.
- Give this a try and let me know what other ideas you came up with.
Thank Goodness for people who like me always have leftovers. I made this last night for dinner. It was so good, thank you.