Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I created this recipe about 3 years ago. Of course it will never be the same each time it's made. It all depends on the the combination of fruits used. It was a hit! Servings and yields are approximate.
- 768.91 ml crushed berries
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 56.69 g boxmcp pectin
- 1064.65 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml light corn syrup
- Combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries to make 3 1/4 cups crushed berries.
- Measure exact amount of prepared fruit along with lemon juice into large saucepan.
- Measure exact amount of sugar into separate bowl.
- Gradually stir in 1 box of pectin into fruit. Mix thoroughly.
- Set aside 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to dissolve pectin thoroughly.
- Pour 1 cup corn syrup into fruit mixture.
- Mix well. This prevents sugar crystallization during freezer storage.
- Stir in sugar gradually.
- Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy. **Candace tip - Place large saucepan over low heat. The jam isn't meant to be cooked - the heat just helps with the sugar dissolving.**.
- Pour into prepared freezer containers leaving 1/2 inch headspace at top for expansion during freezing.
- Put in freezer or refrigerator.
Well, first off, with all the smoothies, fruit sauces & other fruit goodies I make during the year, I never, ever have any 'leftover' berries or any other kind of fruit in the freezer, BUT STILL I managed to set aside enough of the mixed berries I use for smoothies to make a great batch of your freezer jam! Absolutely wonderful, & several of my neighbors are appreciative, too! Most definitely a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
Thanks Chef on the Coast! We had the pleasure of consuming this wonderful jam at your house last week! It is FANTASTIC! What a nice way to use up any leftover frozen fruit.