1/1 Photo of Leftover Summer Freezer Jam
1 hr 15 mins
Chef on the coast's Note:
I created this recipe about 3 years ago. Of course it will never be the same each time it's made. It all depends on the the combination of fruits used. It was a hit! Servings and yields are approximate.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combination of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries to make 3 1/4 cups crushed berries.
- 2Measure exact amount of prepared fruit along with lemon juice into large saucepan.
- 3Measure exact amount of sugar into separate bowl.
- 4Gradually stir in 1 box of pectin into fruit. Mix thoroughly.
- 5Set aside 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to dissolve pectin thoroughly.
- 6Pour 1 cup corn syrup into fruit mixture.
- 7Mix well. This prevents sugar crystallization during freezer storage.
- 8Stir in sugar gradually.
- 9Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy. **Candace tip - Place large saucepan over low heat. The jam isn't meant to be cooked - the heat just helps with the sugar dissolving.**.
- 10Pour into prepared freezer containers leaving 1/2 inch headspace at top for expansion during freezing.
- 11Put in freezer or refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Summer Freezer Jam
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: