Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A tasty and creative I came up with to use up holiday leftovers!
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared stuffing
- melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 cup left over cooked meat
- 1⁄2 tablespoon roasted garlic (optional)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small casserole dish pat the suffing into the dish forming a crust. If needed mix the stuffing with a bit of melted butter to help it adhere.
- Bake the crust for about 8-10 minutes until it is slightly set.
- Take casserole out of the oven and scatter cheese and meat over the crust.
- Mix eggs, seasoning, garlic (I LOVE garlic, so you may want to add a great deal less), and milk together then pour into the caserole dish.
- Bake quiche for about 30-35 minutes OR until set.
This was very tasty! I added sautéed mushrooms and a little baking powder to the eggs. This is a lovely dish to use up the leftover stuffing from holiday meals. Thanks for sharing.
Excellent use of leftovers! I gave it a 5 and DH a 3.5 but he doesn't like any quiche too much. I used a 9" quiche pan. I scrambled a little sausage in onion and used leftover green bean casserole for the veggie. I also think I cooked longer than stated - it had a nice crispy, cheesy crust on top. Thanks!
You earned me the best cooker in the world award tonight according to my 5 yr old LOL. This was an amazingly easy dish. I used 5 eggs instead of just 3 and parmesan cheese instead of regular shredded. I'm a garlic lover too, but I actually added more because 1/2 tsp didn't seem like enough! :D This will be made many times in my house for the main reason of I love quiche type meals and this is the first one my daughter ate without fighting!