Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made a brisket, and I had some leftover part that were really fatty so I made this. I used a can of whole tomatoes and diced them myself. I used strawberryjane's Brisket.
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules or 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb beef brisket or 1 -1 1⁄2 lb stew meat
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- mozzarella cheese
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, saute onions until translucent.
- Then add the water, bring to a boil, add bouillon; stir.
- Add grated garlic.
- Add potatoes and boil 5 minutes.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes and beef.
- Cook 20- 30 minutes, it should have reduced about an inch.
- Serve in bowls.
- Top with cheese and chives.
I'm always on the lookout for a good recipe to use up leftovers. I didn't use the potatoes, because we were serving rice with this. I used fresh tomato instead of canned. The cheese is a nice touch. Thanks for posting!