Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm a big salad eater and am always looking for new thinks to put in them. I came up this this recipe when I had leftover flank steak. The sour gerkins give it the tang that I love. It is now one of our favorite salads. Any kind of steak can be used for this recipe.
- 8 ounces skirt steaks, leftover (sliced)
- 6 cups salad greens
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 potatoes (cooked cut in cubes)
- 2 celery ribs (sliced)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 sour gherkins (chopped)
- 1⁄2 English cucumber (peeled, halved & sliced)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 pinch sugar
- Reheat the leftover steaks in aluminium foil in oven.
- Meanwhile, place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, place all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well until creamy.
- Pour half (or to taste) of dressing over the salad, mix well.
- Arrange salad in plates and top with warmed steak.
- Spoon some of the leftover dressing over the meat.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.