1/1 Photo of Leftover Steak Green Chili Burros Slow Cooker
I've been making this for years, by adding a bit of this, a smidge of that. Today, I actually wrote all the ingrendents down. Any leftover meat can be used. The burros I made this evening were from leftover grilled beef steak and a marinated pork tenderloin. The taste of the orange marinade on the pork didn't come through at all, so no need to worry about mixing meats. If you are using leftover roast, you won't need to cook in the crockpot. If the chili isn't spicy enough for you, just add a pinch of cayenne while cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 cups steak (leftover beef or pork steak or roast)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic (chopped or smashed)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (diced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3-1 cup beef broth
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cheese (jack,longhorn, whatever you have-shredded)
- 1Chop leftover steak or roast in 1/2" squares, add steak, onions and 1/2 cup broth to small crock pot, cook on high for 3 or 4 hours or until the meat is nice and tender.
- 2In a medium sized skillet add 1 T. olive oil and flour, cook over medium meat until it begins to thicken (about 3 min.).
- 3Add meat drippings and remaining beef broth to equal 2/3 cup (you may need to add more if the sauce is too dry.
- 4While cooking the sauce; add in cumin, red chili powder, garlic, green chilis, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. If the sauce isn't spicy enough for you; add cayenne now.
- 5Cook the sauce until it begins to thicken (about 3-4 min.) add in meat; mix to heat though.
- 6Heat tortillas on a griddle till nice and pliable; fill with meat mixture; add a tablespoon full or so of cheese, roll burro style.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Steak Green Chili Burros Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.4
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 161.6 mg
- Sodium 1101.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 67.9 g