- cooking spray
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked steak, cut in 1/4-inch - 1/2-inch dice
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed
- 1 1⁄3 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernals cut off, approx 1 1/4 cup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 cups prepared enchilada sauce
- 40 inches flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 9 X 9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Coat a medium sized skillet with cooking spray and saute onions until softened.
- Put in steak, rinsed black beans and taco seasoning mix with water (should say on package-if not around 2/3 cup).
- Cook until mixture is thickened.
- Add corn kernals and 1 cup of cheese and mix well.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the enchiladas making sure to cover the tortillas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Note: These can be frozen ahead by preparing the enchiladas through #7, bagging in a kit, the sauce in one bag, enchiladas separate, and cheese topping.
- If you are cooking from the freezer, thaw in the refrigerator, top with sauces and bake as directed.