Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We had a whole steak leftover and i didnt want it to go to waste. I got very creative with the ingredients from the pantry. Try it. It was a hit at the table that night.
- 1 lb leftover steak
- 2 small onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, italian seasoned
- 1 (16 ounce) can zucchini, italian seasoned
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- heat oil in large skillit.
- rough chop the onion and garlic.
- add to heated skillet, cook until soft on medium low heat.
- add S/P to taste.
- cube steak, and add to skillet.
- add tomatoes and zuccini.
- simmer 20 minutes.
- add you favorite italian shaker cheese.
Your steak cacciatore was a major hit at my house too! I had some beautiful thick grilled steak left over and I wondered what to do with it. Well, this was awesome! I made a few small changes out of necessity - I used fresh zucchini and mushrooms which I sauteed separately and added into the sauce just prior to serving. I reduced the garlic to one very large clove and added about 1-2 tbsp tomato paste to thicken up the sauce. I put a bowl of shredded mozzarella and parmesan on the table so each person could garnish their own dish. I really thought it was great, and I am so glad you posted this. I can't wait to eat the left overs for lunch today! Thx so much!
I also added yellow and red peppers, and fresh zucchini. Served it over some angel hair pasta with warm bread.
Absolutely delicious, thank you! Added a few other veggies to this dish as well, and left out the onions due to allergies. Thanks!