Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted something different for breakfast for the kids and was out of cereal. a look in the fridge and steak and baked potatoes from last nights dinner inspired this recipe. You can stretch this to serve many by adjusting ingredients chopping and slicing to stretch further. Add more or remove something to suit your preferences! Serve with some toast and eggs (scrambled, over easy, poached) and really have a great breakfast! Impress your house guest from dinner to breakfast!
- 8 ounces leftover cooked steak, cut into very small pieces
- 1 baked potato (diced into small bites)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, chopped (optional)
- 5 washed white button mushrooms (chopped, sliced or quartered)
- olive oil
- Heat olive oil in nonstick pan about medium high heat.
- Add potatoes and stir and cook until just starts to brown a little.
- Reduce heat to medium add mushrooms and onion.
- Stir until mushrooms begin to cook.
- Add steak and continue to cook until mushrooms are done.
- Add tomatoes and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Cook until all is heated through.
Wonderful way to use up dinner leftovers. I think this would be great on acting trip! And I can feed 3 people on one steak & one potato! Really stretches the ingredients!
This was a great way to use up leftovers for a hearty breakfast. Simple and good. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.
Very filling. I sauteed mushrooms in butter and a touch of sherry before adding and I deleted onions. I love the texture of the potatoes. I'm going to do this often!