Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick recipe from menus4moms.com using leftovers (marinating time not included in prep/cook times)
- 1 lb shredded leftover beef or 1 lb chicken breasts (raw, sliced) or 1 lb shrimp (or a combination of the three)
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle teriyaki sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- flour tortilla (store bought or homemade, see below)
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Mix onion, pepper, and meat in a shallow dish and cover with teriyaki sauce. Marinate for several hours.
- Grill or pan fry until heated through or cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
- Each person assembles their own fajitas by putting meat/vegetable mixture and topping with their choice of condiments, rolling up the tortilla and eating by hand. Be careful not to overload the tortilla.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Form into golf ball size balls. Roll out flat into a circle.
- Cook on each side in a dry non-stick pan until starting to brown. DO NOT OVERCOOK. The tortillas cook quickly and it is easy to burn them if you turn away.