A quick recipe from menus4moms.com using leftovers (marinating time not included in prep/cook times)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shredded leftover beef or 1 lb chicken breasts (raw, sliced) or 1 lb shrimp (or a combination of the three)
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle teriyaki sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- shredded lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- flour tortilla (store bought or homemade, see below)
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Mix onion, pepper, and meat in a shallow dish and cover with teriyaki sauce. Marinate for several hours.
- 2Grill or pan fry until heated through or cooked thoroughly.
- 3Serve with tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
- 4Each person assembles their own fajitas by putting meat/vegetable mixture and topping with their choice of condiments, rolling up the tortilla and eating by hand. Be careful not to overload the tortilla.
- 6Mix all ingredients.
- 7Form into golf ball size balls. Roll out flat into a circle.
- 8Cook on each side in a dry non-stick pan until starting to brown. DO NOT OVERCOOK. The tortillas cook quickly and it is easy to burn them if you turn away.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Shredded Beef (Or Chicken or Shrimp) Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1106.9
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.3 mg
- Sodium 4485.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 57.0 g