Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sandwich is great for that leftover rotisserie chicken that usually spoils in the fridge. It is quick, easy and will give your taste buds a big change from the bland every day sandwich.
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Brush olive oil on outside of each piece of bread.
- Place olive oil side up on baking sheet and place in oven.
- Watch carefully and cook just until turns brown and crispy.
- Take baking sheet out of oven and turn bread over.
- On once piece of bread pile chicken and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- On other piece of bread spread honey mustard.
- Put open face sandwich back in the oven and watch carefully again.
- Cook until cheese is melted and edges of bread begin to brown.
- Add lettuce, onions and tomato if desired.
- Put together sandwich and enjoy!
I just gave it a shot to use up some left overs and it turned out great! Very easy. Very Tasty.
I had some leftover grilled chicken to use and made this on the spur of the moment. I used Salad Greens With Honey-Mustard Dressing and it worked nicely. This was really fast to put together and all the flavors go great! My daughter and husband were a bit skeptical (unsure about the honey mustard) but they enjoyed it as much as I did. I often have leftover chicken and this is going to be a favorite way to use it. Thanks Cucina, for posting. Roxygirl
Quick and delicious. Made this for an easy dinner when my DH was out of town for the weekend. Made for PAC Spring 2008.