If you have left over cooked roast and don't know what to do with it, here is a nice little recipe I found in Taste of Home. I like to add a few tablespoons of sour cream just before serving, but it is up to you.
- In saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, then add mushrooms and cook til tender.
- Add roast beef and cook until heated through.
- In a small bowl, mix soup, milk, ketchup and bouillon then add to the meat mixture. Bring just to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook uncovered 8-10 minute.
- If using sour cream, stir in just before serving.
- Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.
What a great idea! I made this a littlw while back & froze it and had it last week for a quick & easy dinner. Hubby positively inhaled it, totally unaware that 1. It was leftovers or 2. It was frozen beforehand. Little Miss 6 and Master 2 also ate it with no complaints. Thanks for posting!
This was not pretty to look at, but tasted great! Everyone seemed to enjoy it. It was served over mashed potatoes. We always have leftover roast, so I think this will be my round two recipe! Thanks!!
Easy to put together and it seemed to taste pretty good. I messed it up by using leftover Crock Pot Tangy Italian Beef Sandwiches which was just a horrible texture for this unfortunately.