Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you have left over cooked roast and don't know what to do with it, here is a nice little recipe I found in Taste of Home. I like to add a few tablespoons of sour cream just before serving, but it is up to you.
- 2 -3 cups cooked beef, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
- In saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, then add mushrooms and cook til tender.
- Add roast beef and cook until heated through.
- In a small bowl, mix soup, milk, ketchup and bouillon then add to the meat mixture. Bring just to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook uncovered 8-10 minute.
- If using sour cream, stir in just before serving.
- Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.
Quick and easy recipe with lots of flavour. I only adjusted it by cutting down the milk and adding sour cream in place of it. Thick, creamy and delicious over broad egg noodles! Comfort food and a great way to use up left over roast. Usually I shred the beef and make burritos, so this is now added to my repertoire. Thanks for posting this recipe
What a great idea! I made this a littlw while back & froze it and had it last week for a quick & easy dinner. Hubby positively inhaled it, totally unaware that 1. It was leftovers or 2. It was frozen beforehand. Little Miss 6 and Master 2 also ate it with no complaints. Thanks for posting!
This was not pretty to look at, but tasted great! Everyone seemed to enjoy it. It was served over mashed potatoes. We always have leftover roast, so I think this will be my round two recipe! Thanks!!