Recipe by mums the word
If you have left over cooked roast and don't know what to do with it, here is a nice little recipe I found in Taste of Home. I like to add a few tablespoons of sour cream just before serving, but it is up to you.
Top Review by a_mead
Quick and easy recipe with lots of flavour. I only adjusted it by cutting down the milk and adding sour cream in place of it. Thick, creamy and delicious over broad egg noodles! Comfort food and a great way to use up left over roast. Usually I shred the beef and make burritos, so this is now added to my repertoire. Thanks for posting this recipe
- 2 -3 cups cooked beef, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, then add mushrooms and cook til tender.
- Add roast beef and cook until heated through.
- In a small bowl, mix soup, milk, ketchup and bouillon then add to the meat mixture. Bring just to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook uncovered 8-10 minute.
- If using sour cream, stir in just before serving.
- Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.