Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is usually what I do with leftover roast beef since we can never seem to finish eating a whole one. Amounts are just a guesstiment since it depends on how much you have leftover. Making it this way, it seems like your not having the same dish 2 nights in a row.
- Shred or cut roast into thin slices (I shred).
- Mix enough bar-b-que sauce to make moist.
- Put into bowl with a lid.
- Refrigerate overnight or freeze.
- When ready to use, thaw, if frozen and microwave until hot, usually 2 minutes at a time until hot.
- Serve on buns with sliced onion and pickles.
I had quite a bit of leftover roast beef and used this recipe to make sandwiches with it. The roast wasn't quite as tender as I wanted it to be, so I popped it in the crockpot and covered it with the bbq sauce. I let it cook for several hours and it shredded easily then. I served the beef on buns as you suggested with onions and pickles. Delicious, easy and almost like having a free meal!
Great way to use up some leftover roast beef. We do not have Sweet Baby Rays here in Canada, so used Diana's Sauce. I also used red onions. :)
Great leftover sandwich - Loved it - I don't have a microwave so I just tossed it on a fry pan for a couple of minutes - The onions & dill pickles are a MUST Really enjoyable, easy recipe