Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from Welltellme.com under a budget stretching meal topic. The person didn't have a name for it, so this is what I'm calling it. :) My family really liked it. I modified it a bit. It uses leftover rice, meat and vegetables to make a new meal for pennies. I'm not sure on the serving size, but I'm guessing about 5.
- 3 -4 cups cooked brown rice or 3 -4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 cup cooked vegetables
- 1⁄2-1 cup cooked chicken (whatever you have around) or 1⁄2-1 cup cooked pork (whatever you have around) or 1⁄2-1 cup cooked beef (whatever you have around)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a little bit of butter or oil, saute the onion in a large skillet.
- Mix the eggs and add them to the skillet to scramble.
- Add the (warmed) rice and a little water, if needed, soy sauce, Worc. sauce, garlic powder, vegetables (small or chopped) and cooked chicken and mix well.
- Cook until warmed through and top with green onions, if desired.