Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Uses leftover rice and is egg-free. Inspired From a community cookbook.
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high and stir often until milk and rice thicken, about 20 minutes or so.
- Put into dessert cups and chill until ready to eat.
This was my first attempt at making rice pudding and it turned out Wonderfully! I halved the recipe since I only had 1 cup of leftover rice, and added a bit less sugar - I used 2% milk and leftover Korean sticky rice (really similar to sushi rice actually) and the end result was thick and creamy and magnificent ^_^ This recipe's a keeper for sure! And super simple to whip up in no time!
I like how this recipe doesn't need eggs, cream, or butter. It's perfect to use up leftover rice. I did find it a tad sweet, so next time I would 1/2 the sugar. I used sliced dried apricots in place of the raisins. The spices were great, and it is a nice, light, rice pudding.
I made this with craisins instead of raisins...yummy!