Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
serve as appitizers, for lunches, great finger food
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1⁄4 cup black olives or 1⁄4 cup green olives
- onions or bell peppers or dill pickle (what ever you decide)
- leftover over ham or chicken or turkey or 1 can tuna or 1 can salmon (anything goes)
- 1 egg
- Have rice cooked add the ingredients you want mix altogether add s& p put into very small muffin tins, sprayed with Pam.
- bake 400 for 10-15 minutes the cheese& egg will bond altogether.
- let cool they are easier to get out this way.
- Very good in lunches, appitizers I take them to parties.
- (the rice when all mixed together should be moist but not mucky).
- most of the time I do not measure just throw everything in I want adding more cheese or maybe an extra egg depending on the quantity of everything I've thrown in.
- try it, you'll like it.
My friend has a recipe that is a bit similar, she calls it "Breakfast In a Cup". I couldn't find her recipe, but I recalled seeing this one, so I used it, and was happy that I did. I more than quadrupled the quantities because we had a huge breakfast retirement party for someone at work today, so I just stopped measuring, and just put it all together as Country Mouse says to do. I added diced green chilis, diced roasted peppers and pimentos, green and black sliced olives, some frozen baby corn kernals, and lots of shredded cheese and about 14 eggs. I did have to bake them at a lower temp for a longer time [350 for @35-45 minutes].This made 72 regular rice muffins and a dozen mini-muffins. I brought the 72 regular sized ones to work where they disappeared in record time [none left at the buffet table]and I froze the mini muffins to serve as appetizers for another time. Thanks Country Mouse!!!!
I made these last night ,after me & the hubby got home @ 5:00 pm from a weekend in Austin, I didn't have anything thawed, but had this recipe saved on my favorites list. I threw in yellow rice & black beans, white rice & okra, leftover garlic chicken, a half of a Southwestern pork chop w/ veggies shredded pepper jack cheese 2 beaten eggs, mixed it all up, with an ice cream scoop I scooped it into a 12 standard size muffin pan, sprinkled the tops with shredded parm cheese, baked @ 350 for about 40 mins, let it rest for 10 mins and vaalah dinner! I even tasted a hint of anchovie absolutley delish, hubby ate 4 he loved them, having " Leftover " rice muffins and a salad for dinner tonight! I too will not let leftovers go waste anymore thanks for sharing!
Yummi idea! done with wild rice mix (black and white) and chicken leftovers. Additional herbs: rosemary and sage. Topped with red peppers.
My family found this great and filling!