Recipe by anme
Yummy way to use up left over rice
Top Review by charlielou
I think the key to having well formed patties is to use leftover rice (not freshly made), and allowing the patties to sit in the refrigerator to set. I rolled mine into balls that I then rolled into a 1/2-1/2 mixture of corn flake crumbs and Panko crumbs. I let them sit in the refrigerator for a good 45 minutes. I flattened them after I put them into the pan to fry, and served them with some sour cream with chopped green onion mixed in- DELICIOUS! This recipe is great inspiration, and easily changed to your tastes.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- onion powder (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- combine all ingredients except oil and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes, then form small patties.
- over med. high heat warm oil, then fry patties for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Be careful when flipping, they sometimes break but still are tasty!