Sharon A. H's Note:
This is a delicious way to make Reubens from your leftover Corned Beef and Cabbage! My DH likes it better than the original Reubens because it uses the leftover cabbage instead of sauerkraut (less "pickled" taste). I recommend reheating the corned beef and cabbage in the microwave or on the stove prior to assembly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread each slice of bread with either butter or mayonnaise.
- 2Place 4 slices of bread buttered side down on hot griddle. If using a skillet, make 2 sandwiches at a time.
- 3Top bread with 2 slices of corned beef, 1-2 slices of swiss cheese, a small mound of cooked cabbage and 1-2 tablespoons of Thousand Island Dressing.
- 4Top each with the remaining bread, buttered side up.
- 5Flip over when brown.
- 6Compress sandwich with spatula and brown the other side.
- 7Remove from heat when done.
- 8Let stand 1-2 minutes before cutting and serving.
- 9Makes 4 gooey sandwiches or 8 halves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Leftover" Reuben Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.1
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 1178.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 31.3 g