Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick way to make potato salad. If you just want 1 or 2 servings, just cut it in half.
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes or 2 cups instant mashed potatoes, prepared
- 3 hardboiled egg
- 1⁄4 cup celery, fine chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish or 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions
- salad dressing (regular, light or free)
- salt & pepper, to your taste
- Combine ALL ingredients but 1 egg.
- Using enough salad dressing to moisten, mix lightly.
- When salad is just right to suit your taste, put in refrigerator bowl and garnish with the sliced egg that is left.
- Shake a light sprinkle of paprika over eggs on top and refrigerate.
Well, Darlene, you and I must come from the same neck-of-the-woods. My Mom made this and now I do! My only difference is that I separate the hardboiled eggs--chop the white fold into the potato mixture, and using a fine sieve, grate the yolks all over the molded potato salad and then use Paprika and sliced olives for decoration. Glad you posted this...it's delicious!
This was delicious. I used the left overs from supper the other night and it was all gone by lunch the next day. Thanks for posting!