Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely diced leeks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock, hot
- 4 large leftover baked potatoes, halved. pulp scooped out and put through a ricer
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- In a large saucepot, over high heat melt the butter and add the leeks and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until they are translucent.
- Add the hot stock and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the riced potatoes, buttermilk, sour cream, and grated Parmesan.
- Add this mixture to the soup stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and add the Sherry vinegar.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives.