Prep 4 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is one way I use up the leftover pork and sauerkraut from the night before. The apple and brown sugar gives it a nice flavor. Amounts are estimated.
- 1⁄4 cup leftover pork, and sauerkraut (shredded if not already done)
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1 apple, slice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Assemble sandwich as follows:.
- First bread slice, butter side down.
- One slice cheese.
- Pork and sauerkraut.
- Apple slice.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- One slice of cheese.
- Next slice of bread butter side up.
- (Having the pork in the middle helps to keep the bread from getting soggy).
- Grill as you would a grilled cheese making sure to cover with a lid as cooking.