1/3 Photos of Leftover Noodles Casserole
I make this when I have left-over, cooked lasagna noodles. I just slice them up and use them like any cooked pasta noodle. This is good at room temperature or as leftovers. You can use a commercially-made, dry onion soup mix or make your own, Copycat Lipton's Onion Soup Mix (that's what I use).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup any shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons onion soup mix (or 1/2 of an envelope)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if NOT using commercial onion soup)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, for topping (optional)
- 1Melt ghee in saucepan.
- 2Add the peppers, celery and onions and cook til soft. Remove from heat.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, sour cream, milk, soup mix, salt.
- 4Add the cooked vegetables, scraping the pan to get all the melted butter. Combine.
- 5Add the noodles and mix well.
- 6Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole.
- 7Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with ghee if desired.
- 8Bake 350 degrees for 40-minutes or until a test knife comes out clean.
- 9Let cool for 20-minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Noodles Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.7
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 151.1 mg
- Sodium 711.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.6 g