1/3 Photos of Leftover Moroccan Style Lamb and Beef Spicy Cous Cous
4 hrs 20 mins
I used the leftovers from my pot roast lamb for this I removed the remaining meat from the bone of the lamb. You could make this with just beef but the remaining juice and fat from the roast lamb tastes nice in the stew, you can use lamb beef or whatever you wish in this. I cooked this in the same enamel pot I used for the lamb. If your not making this with leftovers you may want to add a tablespoon of olive oil to the mix. I used my fruity African spice rub in this please see recipe on zaar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g roast lamb (Leftover from a lamb roast)
- 200 g grams carrots (chunky chopped)
- 100 g onions, sliced (1 onion)
- 100 g spring onions (chunky sliced)
- 300 g stewing beef
- 100 g celery
- 300 g plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of african dry rub seasonings (see recipe)
- 1 beef stock cube
- 200 ml water
- 50 g raisins
- 50 g dried apricots (chopped)
- 1 cup red wine
- 100 g couscous
- 1Soak you raisins and apricots In the red wine for about an hour.
- 2Heat up a non stick frying pan and sear the beef on all sides for about 5 minutes, add to the casserole dish that contained your lamb and its juices etc.
- 3Add the veggies and fruit and wine, stock cube the tomatoes and the spice rub, stir well . Top with water cover with lid.
- 4Put on lid and put in oven at gas mark 4 for approximately 4 hours check halfway through and add more water if necessary.
- 5Half hour before serving add the cous cous cover and bake for half hour the cous cous should absorb much of the juice.
- 6Serve with a squeeze of lemon or flaked almonds etc on top- I cant do this cos im allergic to nuts but ive heard its nice.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Moroccan Style Lamb and Beef Spicy Cous Cous
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.4
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 292.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings