This is a great way to use up leftovers. A great Monday night casserole after the Sunday Roast dinner!
- 2 cups cooked lamb or 2 cups cooked pork or 2 cups cooked beef or 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into smallish pieces
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 cup leftover vegetables, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup meat broth or 1 cup gravy
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Arrange meat, vegetables and noodles in layers in a casserole dish, with noodles on top.
- Blend soups and gravy.
- Pour over top.
- Combine grated cheese with breadcrumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake at 350*F for 45 minutes.