Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good way to use up any leftover meat you have !
Make and share this Leftover Meat Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can condensed cream soup, any style
- 1 lb cooked chicken, or any leftover cooked meat,cubed
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables, thawed or 1 lb canned vegetables
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients, except cheese, in a bowl.
- Transfer to a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mixture will thicken as cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
I wanted to like this recipe based on reviews. I decided to add the noodles raw. While I did add seasonings --what I found was that it was okay, but since we put the noodles in uncooked it just turned everyting very glutenis. My husband and I are taking leftovers to work tomorrow under duress to get rid of it. Next time i will make burritos or something else out of the beef! I will not make again. Sorry,
My Husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. I used shredded chicken and broccoli and cheese soup. I love the fact that you don't have to cook the noodles first. But you need to stir half way through cooking time to cook them all evenly. Thank you for the recipe !
*Made for PAC Fall 2007* This is a great way to use up leftover meat and/ or veg. I used beef stock vs chick stock since I was using ground beef and I did par-cook the noodles first based on previous reviews- I do recommend it. I used frozen green beans which I did not thaw prior to adding to the casserole, they cooked through nicely. This is a versatile week night meal which I am always on the look out for. Thanks for sharing, Nick's Mom