Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes - a hearty soup that's delicious on cold days.
- 709.77 ml mashed potatoes
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 709.77 ml skim milk
- 59.16 ml bacon bits
- 59.14 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in pot on medium. Add onion and cook onions until glassy.
- Stir in milk.
- Mix in mashed potatoes, bacon bits and bouillon cube. Heat and continue stirring until mixed and lump free.
- Mix in cheese and serve.
Great way to use leftover potatoes. So easy to make for a quick lunch on a cold day. Thanks for sharing Jen. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
This is such a nice way to use up your leftover potatoes, I used smoked lardons and cooked them in the pan before I added the onion, as for the rest I followed the recipe. My DH just loved this actually he ate the most of it himself, and I have now been told to make more mash than I need to, so I can make the soup again. I served it with some chives cut on top and your porter house rolls and both were yummy. Made for PAC Spring 2011.