1/3 Photos of Leftover Mashed Potato Soup
Sue Lau's Note:
Great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Perfect for a light lunch or serving with sandwiches. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes (leftover is great)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1Cook bacon, and set aside to crumble.
- 2In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter or dripping until softened.
- 3Add chopped mushrooms and cook until tender and onion is golden.
- 4Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and paprika, stirring to mix.
- 5Blend in mashed potatoes, stirring until lumps are gone.
- 6Bring soup to a boil, then lower heat and add cheddar cheese, stirring until it is melted and smooth.
- 7Mix in scallions, crumbled bacon, sour cream, and cream/half and half, stirring to heated through but not boiling.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Mashed Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.4
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 1526.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 13.0 g