Recipe by TJW
Got a bunch of leftover mashed potatoes? Make a meal out of it with this yummy, quickly assembled soufflé recipe. Done in less than 1/2 hour.
Top Review by anme
Awesome recipe for leftovers (which I always seem to have!) I made this a few days ago and scaled it down to use 1 cup of spuds. Next time I may add onions or other left over goodies.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, leftover
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl until you can make peaks in them.
- Meanwhile, add the egg yolks, cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the mashed potatoes.
- Fold the egg whites into the potato mixture.
- Bake in a soufflé dish for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Add chopped cooked bacon, fresh herbs, or shredded pork or chicken. Use what you have on hand.