Recipe by Thomas Danler
This recipe was recently submitted to a news group to which I belong. I think it is very good and hope you like it, too. Preparation time in the kitchen is just a few minutes. When the big meal is through, this is a tasty way to use up the leftover mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Molly Schneider
My mother used to make these, and this recipe is very like hers (she never added cheese, though--don't know why, because adding cheese sounds yummy). These are great slathered with butter. Thanks for submitting it.
- 473.18 ml mashed potatoes (approximately)
- 1-2 egg
- 59.14 ml flour
- onion (optional)
- chives (optional)
- cheese (optional)
- oil or Crisco, for frying
- sour cream (optional) or applesauce, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mashed potatoes, egg, flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and any optional ingredients, into mashed potatoes.
- Preheat skillet and add a couple of tablespoons of Crisco shortening or oil.
- Make sure the mixture is not too thin.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into hot pan; brown on both sides.
- Enjoy with sour cream or applesauce.