This recipe was recently submitted to a news group to which I belong. I think it is very good and hope you like it, too. Preparation time in the kitchen is just a few minutes. When the big meal is through, this is a tasty way to use up the leftover mashed potatoes.
- Mix mashed potatoes, egg, flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and any optional ingredients, into mashed potatoes.
- Preheat skillet and add a couple of tablespoons of Crisco shortening or oil.
- Make sure the mixture is not too thin.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into hot pan; brown on both sides.
- Enjoy with sour cream or applesauce.