1/3 Photos of Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes
I searched the internet for a recipe to use up some left over mashed potatoes. This is what I found and made. It's simple, easy, and a great way to use up left over mashed potatoes. This is one recipe that I always come to when I have leftover mashed potatoes. I once made these and I wasn't serving them right away, so I let them cool down then I froze them. A few weeks later I removed them from the freezer let them defrost and they were just as good. I have even added leftover chicken pieces and leftover meatloaf to this and it was yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg.
- 2Mix the beaten egg with the mashed potatoes.
- 3Stir in the dry ingredients.
- 4Add the milk and mix well.
- 5The batter should be very thick.
- 6Melt the shortening or heat the oil in a skillet.
- 7Spoon batter into the skillet to form 3" to 3-1/2" inch wide pancakes, about 1/2" thick.
- 8Brown on one side, over medium heat. Turn and brown on the other side.
- 9Serve with ketchup.
- 10These are great cold and served the next day.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 1611.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.7 g