Recipe by Jean R
I like to cook boneless leg of lamb, but with just two of us there are always leftovers. This satisfying casserole is easy to put together and tastes great. I use canned gravy for this dish.
Top Review by Ben Robertson
Quite good! I had some leftover lamb after Christmas supper and didn't want to waste it. Kids and adults ate it up. I used an envelope of Knorr Classic Brown sauce and that tasted fine. I forgot the salt and was glad I did because the dish didn't need it (and I like salt). Thanks.
- 2 medium onions, cut in thin slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked lamb, cubed
- 8 ounces beef gravy
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium frying pan saute the onion in butter until soft and lightly browned.
- In a medium sized casserole combine the sauteed onions with the remaining ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes.