The original recipe for this curry is made with lamb loin chops but since they are so expensive, I tried making it with leftover roast lamb. It was a big hit. This is now my standby recipe whenever we don't finish a leg of lamb.
- Using a food processor (if you have one), finely chop the onion, apple, celery and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and cook the vegetables until softened but not browned.
- Stir in the curry powder and thyme; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken stock and tomatoes; simmer for two minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper; add more curry powder if desired.
- For a smooth sauce, puree in the food processor and pour back into the skillet.
- Add the lamb to the skillet; cover and simmer until the lamb is heated through, about 10 minutes, adding a little more stock if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve over rice.