1/3 Photos of Leftover Lamb Curry
The original recipe for this curry is made with lamb loin chops but since they are so expensive, I tried making it with leftover roast lamb. It was a big hit. This is now my standby recipe whenever we don't finish a leg of lamb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a food processor (if you have one), finely chop the onion, apple, celery and garlic.
- 2Melt the butter in a skillet and cook the vegetables until softened but not browned.
- 3Stir in the curry powder and thyme; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in the chicken stock and tomatoes; simmer for two minutes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper; add more curry powder if desired.
- 6For a smooth sauce, puree in the food processor and pour back into the skillet.
- 7Add the lamb to the skillet; cover and simmer until the lamb is heated through, about 10 minutes, adding a little more stock if the sauce is too thick.
- 8Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Lamb Curry
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 190.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: