Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some ham leftover from last Christmas in my freezer and I figured I better do something with it. So, this recipe is the end result. Feel free to change the veggies if your family doesn't like peas. This will serve 4, with leftovers. If you try it I hope you enjoy it. Submitted to "ZAAR" on July 31st,2007
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix (the cheap kind is what I use)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is almost done, add frozen peas.
- Let pasta and peas return to boiling point; cook until peas are heated through.
- Drain pasta and peas, return to pan.
- Add contents of cheese packet and margarine, mixing well.
- Then add ham, milk and shredded cheddar cheese, stirring well (you might need to add a little more milk to make it a little creamier).
- Serve and enjoy.
I nice, easy, quick way to use up extra ham. Be careful how much salt you put in this one - it's almost too much to use the whole 1/2 teaspoon.