Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
We had milk and ham to use, so I came up with this. Richard and I agree this is something that is not the best as a leftover so have people over to eat it. This tastes very rich but is tasty. I hope you like it.
- 453.59-907.18 g cooked ham
- 1-2 leek
- 15-25 baby carrots
- 5-7 small potatoes
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 650.62 ml water
- 473.18-709.77 ml milk
- 29.58 ml milk
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- Boil waer and cubes together.
- chop potatoes, ham, leeks and carrots
- throw in pot when water boils.
- allow to get tender.
- add milk and stir frequently.
- mix flour and 2 T milk until smooth.
- add to pot
- bring to a boil to thicken.
- add 1 c sour cream stir until blended and heated through.
- season throughout cooking to taste.
This is, by far, the BEST soup I've ever made! I didn't have leeks on hand, but half a medium white onion chopped worked quite well. The whole family loved it!
This is by far the best leftover ham soup I've made, and I have made quite a few. The taste was wonderful and the thicker broth was a nice change. I made Easy Bread Bowls to serve this soup in and it was a very hearty and filling meal. Thanks for keeper! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag Spring 2013.