Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is a Mother/Daughter "creation" for using the leftover spiral ham from Christmas day - just add a green veg or salad to complete the meal. Quick, easy & very good - I'll buy another ham just so I can make it again!!
- Peel potatoes & slice very thinly.
- Pat dry with paper towels & set aside.
- Melt butter in a small heavy saucepan.
- Remove from heat & whisk in flour.
- Gradually whisk in milk & seasonings, return to heat and stir constantly until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the wine.
- Set aside.
- Assemble in layers in the bottom of a lightly greased ovenproof casserole dish- 1/2 of the ham, 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 the onions, 1/2 the sauce and 1/2 the cheese.
- Repeat the layers.
- Cover & bake in a preheated 350°F oven for an hour.
- Remove cover & continue baking for another 15 minutes.