Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I threw this together today with a bunch of leftovers we had in the kitchen. My picky son liked it. I made it low in fat by using light and low fat products. I served it with a green salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked macaroni
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cheddar cheese, shredded
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup water
- Oven at 400 F.
- Set aside 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Steam the broccoli until tender-crisp.
- In a lightly sprayed casserole dish, combine noodles, broccoli, onion, cream of mushroom soup, ham, 1 cup of cheese and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with extra 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
This is a great ham casserole. I am always looking for recipes to use up leftovers. I made this recipe exactly as stated, and it came out delicious. Thanks!
Great recipe. I made a few changes since I needed to make it for 8. I only used 2 cups broccoli (instead of 4 - kids don't like broccoli so not easy to disguise), 2 cups cheese (instead of 3), omitted the water and used organic 2% milk (added whole wheat flour later and cooked an additional 10 min. to thicken sauce) instead of the 2 cans low-fat cream of mushroom soup. Also used whole wheat macaroni. Everyone liked it so will definitely make it again.
Delicious way to use up the leftover Christmas ham and veggie tray! My 11 year old couldn't get enough of it. The only changes I made were milk instead of water, and four chopped green onions instead of one regular onion. I wasn't sure about the macaroni quantity, so I measured 1-1/2 cups dry macaroni, then I cooked it. It turned out perfect. Enjoy! Dilemmo