Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I threw this together today with a bunch of leftovers we had in the kitchen. My picky son liked it. I made it low in fat by using light and low fat products. I served it with a green salad.
- Oven at 400 F.
- Set aside 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Steam the broccoli until tender-crisp.
- In a lightly sprayed casserole dish, combine noodles, broccoli, onion, cream of mushroom soup, ham, 1 cup of cheese and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with extra 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
This is a great ham casserole. I am always looking for recipes to use up leftovers. I made this recipe exactly as stated, and it came out delicious. Thanks!
Great recipe. I made a few changes since I needed to make it for 8. I only used 2 cups broccoli (instead of 4 - kids don't like broccoli so not easy to disguise), 2 cups cheese (instead of 3), omitted the water and used organic 2% milk (added whole wheat flour later and cooked an additional 10 min. to thicken sauce) instead of the 2 cans low-fat cream of mushroom soup. Also used whole wheat macaroni. Everyone liked it so will definitely make it again.
This was a great recipe. I made a few substitutions: penne pasta instead for macaroni, green beans and corn for broccoli. Then I topped the casserole with bread crumbs for an au gratin dish. Even my very picky husband enjoyed it.