kelly in TO's Note:
Leftover cooked grains can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Exchange tofu for eggs and sesame seeds for cheese if you'd like to make this vegan, and mix it up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, shredded carrot or 2 cups zucchini
- 1 cup cooked grain (leftovers, such as rice, quinoa, bulgur, oats)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large eggs or 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt or 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herb (marjoram, basil or thyme)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 ounces cheese, shredded
- 1Heat large nonstick or cast iron skillet over high heat.
- 2Spray with vegetable oil and add the vegetables.
- 3Stir fry until softened.
- 4Add the grain nd water to the pan, and stir until the water is absorbed and the grain is heated through.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, salt, herb, pepper to taste, and scallions. Add to the pan.
- 6Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan as the mixture cooks.
- 7When the eggs are cooked and the mixture looks, dry, add the cheese, and take the pan off the heat to let it melt.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Grain Scramble With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 388.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: