Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Leftover cooked grains can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Exchange tofu for eggs and sesame seeds for cheese if you'd like to make this vegan, and mix it up!
- 2 cups chopped vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, shredded carrot or 2 cups zucchini
- 1 cup cooked grain (leftovers, such as rice, quinoa, bulgur, oats)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large eggs or 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt or 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herb (marjoram, basil or thyme)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 ounces cheese, shredded
- Heat large nonstick or cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Spray with vegetable oil and add the vegetables.
- Stir fry until softened.
- Add the grain nd water to the pan, and stir until the water is absorbed and the grain is heated through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, salt, herb, pepper to taste, and scallions. Add to the pan.
- Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan as the mixture cooks.
- When the eggs are cooked and the mixture looks, dry, add the cheese, and take the pan off the heat to let it melt.
- Serve hot.