Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great way to use up left over roast duck. Alternatively use fresh cubed duck breasts and cook in the wok first. I've added the veggies I think works best, but you can substitute it to whatever you fancy really. Please note the cooking times given are just for guidance, not set in stone.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 5 medium mushrooms (sliced thinly)
- 350 g duck (in small pieces)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot (chopped)
- 1 chile (deseeded and chopped)
- 3 spring onions (chopped finely)
- 100 g sweetcorn (use baby sweetcorn, cut into chunks)
- 100 g mange-touts peas (whole or in chunks)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine (Chinese cooking wine)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 35 g unsalted cashews
- Heat a large wok and add oil.
- Add mushrooms, cook for 3 minutes until they start to soften and brown.
- Add duck, cook for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, ginger, and chilie, stir well, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add sweetcorn, mange tout, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, cooking wine, and hoisin sauce. cook for a few minutes until thickened and heated through.
- Add cashews, stir well to heat through.
- Serve with boiled or egg fried basmati rice.