This is a great recipe for using up leftover cooked oatmeal in the fridge! Perfect for breakfast with just a little butter. I usually put raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in my oatmeal beforehand, which adds a great flavor to the muffins!
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together melted butter, eggs, oatmeal, raisins and vanilla;.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- The batter will seem thick, but don't worry. Any time I've added extra liquid the muffins turned out crumbly.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes, or until the muffin centers are slightly firm.