Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a great recipe for using up leftover cooked oatmeal in the fridge! Perfect for breakfast with just a little butter. I usually put raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in my oatmeal beforehand, which adds a great flavor to the muffins!
- 1 cup flour (I use white or wheat)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup leftover cooked oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together melted butter, eggs, oatmeal, raisins and vanilla;.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- The batter will seem thick, but don't worry. Any time I've added extra liquid the muffins turned out crumbly.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes, or until the muffin centers are slightly firm.
Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 77
Total Fat 8.6g
Saturated Fat 5.1g
Total Carbohydrates 29.7g
Dietary Fiber 0.7g
I was put off by the number of calories per muffin listed. I ran the ingredients through a calorie calculator, and they come out to about 250 calories each - NOT 600!
This is BY FAR the very best muffin I've ever made, and I've made thousands, lol. I just served these to my husband and kids about 10 minutes ago and they love them. I doubled the recipe, and the only change I made was in the amount of butter - at the last minute I realized I only had one stick of butter, and had all the rest of the ingredients mixed already (so no going back, lol), so I substituted a half a cup of applesauce for the second 1/2 cup of butter. They are marvelous! If I could give six stars, I would!