Recipe by SavedbyGrace
This is a great recipe for using up leftover cooked oatmeal in the fridge! Perfect for breakfast with just a little butter. I usually put raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in my oatmeal beforehand, which adds a great flavor to the muffins!
Top Review by Renee Mom2MiCaSa
Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 77
Total Fat 8.6g
Saturated Fat 5.1g
Total Carbohydrates 29.7g
Dietary Fiber 0.7g
- 1 cup flour (I use white or wheat)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup leftover cooked oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together melted butter, eggs, oatmeal, raisins and vanilla;.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- The batter will seem thick, but don't worry. Any time I've added extra liquid the muffins turned out crumbly.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes, or until the muffin centers are slightly firm.