Recipe by Pets'R'us
We have this pudding always as a dessert at Christmas...not because I like it so much but because my husband is English. There is always pudding left and this dessert I do like! It also works well with fruit cake and if you don't want to use alcohol... substitute with orange juice
Top Review by Fiona 7
I agree wholeheartedly with Marie Alice: none of us were fans of Christmas pudding, but this recipe went down wonderfully. Again, not having to check and stir it was a bonus. Many thanks. Fiona
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 ounces caster sugar (fine sugar)
- 4 -6 ounces left-over christmas plum pudding (more if you prefer)
- 2 -3 tablespoons rum (brandy or orange liquer)
- 300 ml double cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and pale.
- Break up the Christmas pudding with a fork and distribute it evenly through the yolk mixture.
- Add the rum and mix.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks and fold into the mixture.
- Whip the egg whites, stiffly, and fold into the mixture.
- Transfer to a container and freeze for several hours until set.
- This ice cream does not require beating during freezing.