Recipe by PaulaG
Cooking for 1 or 2 often results in some leftovers. This recipe can be made using leftover chili with beans and is wonderful for a quick meal for 2 served along with a side salad.
Top Review by princessbride029
My mom has always made Tamale Pie - one of my favorites - which is slightly different as it has the corn mixed in with the chili-type ingredients which are made specifically for the recipe, and we use a can of chopped green chilies in the cornbread mix instead of a jalapeno. What a great, easy, new take on her recipe! I can't believe we've never thought of doing it this way! Leftover chili never gets finished around my house (just too much of it) - but now it will! Thanks for revolutionizing one of our favorites!
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups leftover chili, reheated
- 3⁄4 cup cornbread mix (Cornbread Mix)
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray onion soup bowls with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide the warmed chili between the 2 bowls.
- Mix together the cornbread mix, milk, egg white, cheese, corn and pepper.
- Pour over the warmed chili and place in the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until topping is golden brown.