Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a good idea if you have some leftover chili. This recipie is fun and you have so many options. Alot of fun for the family and kids to pick ingredients. Optional Ingredients, French Fried onions,Corn 15 oz,salsa,fryed potatos, doritos, all good stuff.......... I will usually make some cornbread to serve with this dish. For an appetizer in an oven baking dish line the bottom with cream cheese,onions-(optional) chilli, and top with 2 cups of cheese, bake untill bubbly for a chip dip- my super bowl dip recipe
- 2 (850.48 g) can tamales
- 473.18-709.77 ml chili, at least
- cheese (cheddar or any you like)
- sour cream (optional) or cream cheese, both are (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- crushed corn chips or Doritos
- Open your tamales and take the paper off place in the bottom of a basic casserole dish. Cut up some cream cheese which I like best, and scatter around on top of tamales -- or spread sour cream. Add Chopped green onions,corn whatever you like or neither. cover with chili, then top with cheese. Then sprinkle crushed corn chips, french fryed onions, or Nacho Doritos on top -- Lightly cover with tin-foil, Bake at 350 for about 20 mins or until hot and bubbly uncover for the last 3-5 minutes.
The perfect meal for a lazy evening. The whole family enjoyed this. I made with homemade chile, about a cup of colby/jack cheese and 2 cans of beef tamales. I topped the casserole with spicy Doritos. This would be great with corn mixed in with the chili too. I think I'll try a cornbread type topping next time - and there will be a next time. Thanks for sharing!