Recipe by Sackville
I'm notorious for making huge pots of chili that our family can never finish so this recipe came out of all the left-over chili in our fridge. I think it makes an old dish taste new again, with very little effort. If you don't have any chili, then why not whip a small amount up? Serve this dish with crusty bread or a nice salad.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 3 -4 cups your favourite chili
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes in half and parboil for about 10 minutes.
- Let potatoes cool slightly and then slice thinly, like you would for scalloped potatoes.
- Line a casserole dish with tinfoil and put potatoes in the bottom, mixing in dabs of butter and onion.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, until potatoes start to brown.
- Take out of oven and pour chili on top, return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until warm.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake until bubbling.
- Serve immediately.