1/5 Photos of Leftover Chicken & Vegetable Quesadillas
This is a great way to use leftover chicken and get the family to love vegetables. Cauliflower is a nice extra to add. Vary the vegetables to suit your taste . Zucchini is a nice addition as long as you don't cook it too long. Salsa and sour cream are important additions to give that extra flavor. I used whole wheat tortillas but there are so many to chose from - pick your favorite. Instead of sour cream try whipped Cottage cheese with a pinch of sugar added. I used mixed Cumin Gouda & Cheddar cheeses - use your favorite cheese. The recipe may be doubled. Serve with a green salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup carrot, grated
- 3/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup mixed sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 3/4 cup salsa (or more)
- 3/4 cup sour cream or 3/4 cup whipped cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheese, of your choice
- 4 tortillas, 10-inch
- 1Prepare all the vegetables and cheese ahead of time. Keeping the carrots, garlic, cilantro and onions together in one bowl,.
- 2The broccoli, jalapenos and sweet peppers In another bowl and the chicken in a third bowl.
- 3Place a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil - add carrots, onions, garlic & cilantro, Stir fry for apprx 5 minutes.
- 4Add the broccoli and peppers, continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- 5Add chicken and continue cooking until everything is hot through. The veggies will be cooked but still have some texture.
- 6If you have two large skillets wipe them with the remaining tbsp of oil. If you only have one large skillet cook one quesadilla keep it warm & then cook the second one. Use medium low heat.
- 7Place a tortilla in the skillet top with half the vegetable mixture, then half the cheese, cover with the second tortilla.
- 8While cooking press down lightly on the top tortilla,.
- 9When the cheese starts to melt (apprx) 4 minutes)and the underside is golden brown, gently flip the quesadilla, be careful this may be tricky.
- 10Continue to brown the second side (apprx 4 minutes).
- 11Remove from pan and cut into wedges - A pizza cutter does this nicely.
- 12Serve immediately with Salsa & Sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftover Chicken & Vegetable Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (806 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1494.9
- Calories from Fat 778
- Total Fat 86.5 g
- Saturated Fat 39.9 g
- Cholesterol 243.5 mg
- Sodium 2272.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 81.1 g