Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love enchiladas and what better way to use up some of the Holiday chicken or turkey. Make the enchiladas as hot or as mild as you like. I like to prepare the enchilads early in the day put them in the fridge, take out 1/2 hour before baking. I like my veggies crunchy so I do not prefry the ingredients but if you wish fry the veggie in a bit of oil until softened. You may use lite chesse and low fat sour cream. Sub with 2% cottage cheese for the sour cream if you wish. Nice to have a green salad along side
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa, hot
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 whole wheat tortillas or 4 flour tortillas
- 19 ounces black beans, Drained and rinsed
- Mix together the onion, peppers, garlic, cumin and chicken/turkey.
- Lay out the tortillas flat & open.
- Distribute the mixed vegggies evenly down the center of the four tortillas .
- Place a couple of tbsp of the salsa over the veggies.
- Add a tbsp or so of the cheese.
- Fold the sides of each tortilla over so they overlap and place folded side down in a casserole large enough to hold all four tortillas and the black beans.
- Place the tortillas side by side in a lightly greased casserole leaving room around the edges for the black beans.
- Place the black beans around the edges of the casserole (around the tortillas).
- Pour the remaing Salsa over the tortillas and the beans, cover the edges so they do not get dry.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over all.
- Add the sour cream.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes in a 375 oven.
- Remove foil and let the chesse get golden.
- Serve nice and HOT.