With all the tortilla soup recipes here on 'Zaar, there must be SOME leftovers. So here's what you do with the leftover soup. No more LEFTOVERS--they're "planned overs." Use the soup as the base for this tasty Mexican casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour leftover soup into a large casserole pan.
- Dump tortilla chips into the soup, mix well.
- Add salsa to soup & chips if the soup isn't very soupy; mix well.
- Slather sour cream over the top.
- Sprinkle on the olives.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the olives.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and casserole is heated through.
- OTHER OPTIONS: add some chopped green chilis, cumin, red peppers.
- NOTE: My chicken tortilla soup has corn kernels in it -- if your recipe doesn't, try adding some; it really makes a difference.
Very good. I used blue tortilla chips and a avocado slices instead of black olives. Loved it.
I didn't have any left over tortilla soup so I had to improvise and use a canned mexican style soup and doctor it up. I liked it but I think I will try it again when I DO have leftover soup.